X on tibook 15" 1.25Ghz [was: Re: [ppc-new_tibook-15"] install report 2003-11-05]

[original discussion was on debian-boot but it's a bit different]

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:01:25 +0000
Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> If this is a new aluminium PowerBook, the folks on #debianppc informed
> me that I had to run 2.6 in order for X to work at all. Using benh's 2.6
> tree things seem to be working well.

Where can I find the benh's 2.6 tree?

I have a 2.6.0-test9 running here from kernel-source package in sid (or
experimental?) but X (from experimental) is not working.

I put log and conffiles here:
http://people.debian.org/~avdyk/mytibook/

Thanks for tips and help.

> > Anyone know what magic keys to press to
> > switch back to VT1 on a Powerbook?  The obvious ones don't work,
>
> Ctrl-Alt-Fn-F1, in that order. (At least, you have to press Fn after
> Ctrl and Alt.)

Excellent! I also modify my keymap to have:
o Apple+<- : decrease console
o Apple+-> : increase console

;)

The file is at the same location.

Thanks for any hints and help to get X on my laptop.

Note: I did not usr cpufreq at the moment (but will do), but I did
      compile the blink light when hard disk usage! ;) funny!

Note2: Any hint about the lightered keyboard?

Cheers,

--
  .''`. Arnaud Vandyck
 : :' : http://people.debian.org/~avdyk/