Re: Help - no dual boot after upgrading OS X

Hi Nirmal,

The other day I was playing around with a binary that needed some
version of ld-XXX.so, and I deleted the symbolic link to it, rendering
my system unuseable (heh, my stupidity is sooo great 8-)

Anyways, I booted in MacOSX, downloaded the first Debian CD, and burnt
it with no problems using the nifty tool... what is it called? Mmmm,
Disk Burn or something... anyways, it comes default in MacOSX. The OS
recognizes the file as an ISO image, and asks you to mount it (loop
mount) or to burn it. Just put a blank CD in the burner, and say burn,
it should be done in 10-15 min.

Then, reboot, and remember to hold the keys for CDRom boot (Alt+Apple+C
is I recall correctly, people correct me if I'm wrong), since you said
you have no bootloader, thus, no menu will come up with the CD option...

When booting, go through the normal Debian Installation, selecting
keyboard language, and when all the actions menu comes up, you can
change into a root terminal on F2.

There, you have to mount the / partition. I recommend you to do it under
/target (at this point of the "installation process", nothing should be
mounted in that dir, check it just in case):

	mount /dev/hdaX /target

Hopefully, you will be able to run ybin and fix it there.

Cheers,

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>