Re: Netscape 4.7x for Debian/PPC?

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Rogério Brito wrote:

> On Nov 09 2003, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> > And with this in
> > /etc/privoxy/user.action
> > { \
> > +hide-user-agent{Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)} \
> > }
> > /
> >

> > every site will think I'm on IE and NT ... :)
>
> Please, don't do that.

Please read the very first message in this thread.

And no, I simply don't have the time to complain to some creep
who's not able to write good HTML. After all they're (hopefully)
adults who know what they're doing when they write code that's usable
only for certain browsers or systems.

So if their code is written for IE and nothing else their site stats
will show that all their visitors use IE. But I think you'll agree
with me that site statistics gathered by methods like that do not
deserve their name. They're nothing else than flawed figures, or
better: manipulated site stats. Manipulated either by ignorance or
will.

So definitely: No. I never ever will write a single line to such a
HTML "coder". Period.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang

--