Re: building kopete, cannot install libqt3-dev -> xlibs-pic

Pander wrote:

But it doesn't help. I need to install libqt3-dev for the header files but it will not install because of xlibs-pic.

Is there anyway to force install of libqt3-dev with apt-get or dpkg? I think kopete is not using the xlibs-pic stuff so that might work but I can't get apt-get or dpkg to forcefully install (maybe i'm overlooking something in the man pages)

I ran into the exact same problem a few weeks ago while building another package. IIRC, I just kept adding the missing packages to the apt-get command until it finally installed everything needed.

Of course, you likely have to have apt-pinning properly implemented on your machine (if you don't already) in order for that to work, since that is really the only way to have a mixed system that works reasonably well.

--
 David Oakes        |     /// Member: | mailto:doakes@ns.sympatico.ca
 Eastern Passage NS | \\\///  Team    |

Error in Alaska; problem in FLOW CONTROL -EXXon\EXXoff.