Re: Installing Debian on the new Tibook

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:01:53AM -0800, Bryan Rowe wrote:
> Thanks for replying Sven,
>
> when I look at /proc/pci this is what I see that would relate to the hd.
>
> Bus 0, device 11, function 0:
> Host bridge: PCI device 106b:0034 (Apple Computer Inc.) (rev 0).
> Master Capable. Latency=16
>
> The rest of the lines are USB.  There must be some driver out there I can load for the hd to be detected.  Got anymore ideas?

Don't really know, i am no expert in pmac hardware. That said, the 106b
is the Apple vendor id, but neither the 0034 nor the 0033 is listed in
the 2.4.22 linux/include/linux/pci_ids.h file, and
linux/drivers/ide/ppc/pmac.c says :

/* 100Mhz cell, found in Uninorth 2. I don't have much infos about
 * this one yet, it appears as a pci device (106b/0033) on uninorth
 * internal PCI bus and it's clock is controlled like gem or fw. It
 * appears to be an evolution of keylargo ATA4 with a timing register
 * extended to 2 32bits registers and a similar DBDMA channel. Other
 * registers seem to exist but I can't tell much about them.
 *
 * So far, I'm using pre-calculated tables for this extracted from
 * the values used by the MacOS X driver.
 *
 * The "PIO" register controls PIO and MDMA timings, the "ULTRA"
 * register controls the UDMA timings. At least, it seems bit 0
 * of this one enables UDMA vs. MDMA, and bits 4..7 are the
 * cycle time in units of 10ns. Bits 8..15 are used by I don't
 * know their meaning yet
 */

And since the 0034 is probably the generation after the 0033 ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther