Re: Installing Debian on the new Tibook

Thanks for replying Sven,

when I look at /proc/pci this is what I see that would relate to the hd.

Bus 0, device 11, function 0:
Host bridge: PCI device 106b:0034 (Apple Computer Inc.) (rev 0).
Master Capable. Latency=16

The rest of the lines are USB.  There must be some driver out there I can load for the hd to be detected.  Got anymore ideas?

Thanks,
Bryan

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 01:37:51PM -0800, Bryan Rowe wrote:

> I am trying to install Debian on the new 15in TiPowerbook.
> I found your article on installing on an iBook by Branden
> Robinson http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook/ and I
> followed it to the exactly for doing a dual boot between
> Linux and OS X. However when I start the install from Open
> firmware and I get to the Debian install, it can't detect
> any physical disks. When I run mac-fdisk it only see's the
> apple partition map. please help, I'm lost.

You probably don't have the ide controller recognized by the kernel.
Jump to console 2 and look at what lspci (or more /proc/pci) has to say
to you about it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther

Do you Yahoo!?