Re: also no display on 2.6.0-test7-benh ...

Hi,

Soeren Sonnenburg writes:

> I took a snapshot from
>
> rsync.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de::linuxppc-2.5-benh
>
> and made sure
>
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON=y
> CONFIG_FB_RADEON_I2C=y
> CONFIG_PPC_OF=y
>
> is on. However I still do not see anything after openpic: exit (though
> the kernel boots ok) on my 15" G4 powerbook with a radeon M9 ...
>
> What option might I be missing ?

Maybe you ran into the upgrade problem described in
<URL:http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt>?

| - Blank screen after decompressing kernel?
|   Make sure your .config has
|    CONFIG_INPUT=y
|    CONFIG_VT=y
|    CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
|    CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y

If yes, read the whole document, that's what made the transition from
2.4 to 2.6 almost painless for me.

If not, drop me a note and I'll send you the .config that works on my
17" G4 Powerbook with the same graphics card and the same kernel
source (plus the hfsplus driver, but that's a different story).

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!