Re: trouble using IBM 1.4.1 jdk for ppc on Debian

Frank Routier <Franck.Routier@hospvd.ch> writes:

> I have trouble using IBM 1.4.1 jdk for ppc on Debian.
>
> It runs quite fine once I set JITC_COMPILER_TYPE=6, as I have a G4
> processor, BUT when a java program calls a native method, I get this
> kind of exception :

[snip]

> What bothers me is that the exception refers to sun.reflect.* while
> I am using IBM jdk and all my environment variables are set to IBM
> jdk.

I, too, have had a number of aggrevating problems with reflection in
the IBM jdk. The Perl module Inline::Java uses reflection very
heavily, and I'll always get an exception after creating a few hundred
java objects, unless the methods get pre-cached.

No, solutions, but I'm having trouble with it too.
jas.