Re: kernel 2.6.0-test8 console

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 20:55, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> The tdfx driver would be for Voodoo3. Since you seem to get screen output,
> the driver should be compiled in and used, it's just broken. To verify
> this, look into /var/log/dmesg (and please compare the tdfx output with a
> 2.4 kernel log to see if the 2.6 driver misdetects something). Then,
> compare the 2.4 and 2.6 versions of tdfxfb.c. Try to set fb_fillrect,
> fb_copyarea and fb_imageblit (in tdfxfb_ops) to NULL to use generic,
> unaccelerated screen writes. Does this improve console output?

Just a note, but when I was trying tdfx on powerpc (few years ago now,
maybe 2 or 2.5) there were endianness issues so all the characters came
out kinda mangled - was funny, but not useful. Hopefully things have
been fixed now....
--
Stewart Smith (stewart@linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia