Re: Unresolved symbol vmalloc_start

* Michel Dänzer (daenzer@debian.org) wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 16:16, Anders Hermansen wrote:
> > It was then time to get XFree86 to work. I got it set up, but the mode
> > didn't fit the display, but after a little googlin I found a modeline
> > for 1280x854 which works nice.
>
> Do you mean 1152x768, or isn't it a 500 Mhz model after all?

Looks like the driver just clipped the screen when using 1280x854, I
did not notice because I used fvwm which did not use any of the corners.
I now change to 1152x768 and the size is now correct. Thanks for
noticing.

> > depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.23-pre5-ben0/kernel/drivers/drm/r128.o
> > depmod:         vmalloc_start
>
> The kernel needs to export this. Disabling AGP in the kernel
> configuration might also work.

Ok, I disabled AGP in the kernel. The modules now load correctly and
glxinfo says that I`m using direct rendering. The glxgears shows a big
increase in the FPS number, so I guess everything is ok now :)

Disabling AGP seems a bit strange, why wouldn`t I want to use AGP?
Or is this just a bug that will be fixed eventually?

Thanks for your help,
Anders

--
Anders Hermansen