Re: Screen Blanking on FP iMac

> I'm having not difficulty per se, but irritation.  The screen on my 1st
> gen Flat Panel iMac "blanks" by lighting ever pixel up like a wide blue
> sky.  It's a little irritating when I'm trying to sleep.  Any ideas how
> I could get it to really blank?

Screen blanking is done by shutting off video out on rivafb, maybe that's
not enough (Ben turns off contrast on eMac machines in addition). Try
using generic fbcon blanking (line 2107 in drivers/video/riva/fbdev.c.
function riva_set_fbinfo, set info->blank = NULL instead of rivafb_blank).

Do you get the same color when starting up X (right after console
switching, before the X default cross-hatch background pattern appears)?
I've been wondering about that one before.

	Michael