Re: prelink does not work correctly on powerpc

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 03:31:51PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> objdump -R /usr/lib/libavcodec-0.4.8.so|grep R_PPC_REL24
Can you point me to a current copy of Linux PPC ELF ABI so I can check
these things myself in the future?

> shows, it's fine now, thanks. BTW, this isn't a PPC specific problem,
> there's a reason why Debian policy mandates that shared libraries
> consist entirely of -fPIC code: they break otherwise on pretty much
> anything but i386.
Sure we're having pretty much the same issues on mips. PPC seems to be
different as it "allows" non pic code to work to a certain extent at
least.
 -- Guido