Re: [ballen@gravity.phys.uwm.edu: Re: Re: HDD failing? :'( (fwd)]

On Oct Tue 14 2003 15:07, Guido Guenther wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:54:43PM +1000, J. Javier Maestro wrote:
> >   Self-test execution status:      ( 105)	The previous self-test completed having
> >   					the servo (and/or seek) element of the
> >   					test failed.
> This doesn't look good. I'd go for a replacement.

:__(

OK... Any ideas on how to convince the Apple guys about this problem?
Will they run some special SMART executable for Mac OSX given my Fujitsu
that will show the same data as the smartctl?

Anyone with a similar experience? I will probably have to wait till
December, because I will have exams in two weeks, and I am stuffed with
assignments... any danger of data loss or data corruption?

Thanks!

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>