Re: next step Re: newbie[live-cd]

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 12:14:55AM -0700, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:57:12AM -0500, __alejo duque wrote:
> >  i have tried to look for them in the unmounted mac OS partitions but
> > the /target thing and the /hda12 addresses are not found???. I have
> > also tried through a shell...with no luck..maybe i just dont know how
> > to get the exact path to the files maybe its cause the unmounted
> > partitions are HFS+ though they appear in the map as HFS only..???
>
> In general, both HFS and HFS+ partitions have the type Apple_HFS. All
> versions of the MacOS that support HFS+ autodetect the embedded volume
> and mount them as HFS+.

But, if you are using HFS+-unaware software, you won't see anything on
the disk except a file call 'Where have all my files gone?'

Of course, you have to mount any partition in the installer before you
can see what's on it. There are menus for mounting; or in the shell
use mount -t hfs.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People