Re: change internal hd

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 09:11:47AM +0530, Jason E. Stewart wrote:
> Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com> writes:
>
> > I'd like to change my internal dd on my Pismo (from 20G to 60G,
> > maybe even one 7200rpm)
>
> I'm planning on doing the same thing. I was curious though. Won't a
> 7200rpm disk use a lot more battery power than a 5200rpm?

A few links to 2.5" HD tests that may be usefull for responding this
point :

  http://www2.tomshardware.com/storage/20030813/index.html

Which feature the Hitachi Travelstar (ex IBM stuff) 7200 rpm, and the
Seagate Momentus 5400 rpm, compared to a classic 4200 rpm Toshiba disk.

Also at :

  http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/storage/display/25-inch-roundup.html

The same two disks, as well as a fujitsu disk and many Toshiba ones,
altough the Travelstar mentioned there is not a 7200rpm one, but a 4200
rpm one.

All in all, the Seagate momentus seems to offer very good power saving
for a faster (5400 rpm) rotation speed and offering performance similar
to the 7200 rpm ones.

Friendly,

Sven Luther