Firmware upgrades

Hi all,

I've read the thread about the MacOS X 10.2.8 upgrade that caused some
problems with kernels which won't boot. I also read that a hidden firmware
upgrade was done when upgrading to 10.2.8.

I was wondering if my iBook (900, revision 2.3) could benefit any of
these firmware upgrades (like a better battery life, a more responsive
computer or anything), because I run only Linux on my iBook and
therefore don't have an up-to-date firmware... Should I install Mac On
Linux or MacOS X on a little partition to get these upgrades or can I
live without it ?

Thanks for your answers to this odd question :)
--
Lucas Moulin <lucas@brebis.org>
"Conviction is the luxury of those of the side lines"