Gnome-panel unresponsive and taking over the processor

First of all... I'm running unstable, so I know if you play with fire
you get burnt ;)

But... I updated gnome to the last available 2-3 days ago, and ever
since I can't use it.

Everything starts up fine, but the process gnome-panel starts sucking
the processor until the desktop becomes unresponsive.

I have to kill X with ctrl+opt+delete and the manually kill gnome-panel

Any ideas of why it might be behaving like this?

On the meantime I'm surviving with wmaker :)

Tnx

Benja