Re: Subject: Power management support in ALSA PowerMac audio driver?

Le dim 05/10/2003 à 21:24, gm c a écrit :

> I've recently acquired (ok, my employer purchased off eBay) a PowerBook
> Pismo, which I installed Debian on. I've got pretty much everything
> running nicely - DVD/multimedia playback, wireless networking, PCMCIA,
> power management, etc. I'd like to switch to the ALSA driver for sound
> support, but from what I've been able to gather, it doesn't sound like
> the ALSA AWACS/PowerMac driver has any support for power management
> features.

On mine I changed /etc/power/pwrctl adding in pwrctl_Core99() :
        sleep)
                # stop esd which used alsa
                killall esd
                # stop alsa
                /etc/init.d/alsa force-stop

and
        wakeup)
                # maybe force wakeup of media bay devices?
                # restart alsa
                /etc/init.d/alsa start
                # start esd
                /usr/bin/esd &

But it still hangs sometimes :(
in fact force-stop appears to fail sometimes, i don't know why.
--
Jean-Christophe Michel <jc.michel@symetrie.com>
Symétrie