Re: [PATCH] : fix dmasound_awacs record down sampling
- To: "J. Javier Maestro" <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] : fix dmasound_awacs record down sampling
- From: David Kimdon <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:50:06 +0200
- Message-id: <20030930105006.GC1116@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20030930095831.GA1842@dat.etsit.upm.es>
- References: <20030930090642.GB1116@localhost> <20030930095831.GA1842@dat.etsit.upm.es>
On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 07:58:31PM +1000, J. Javier Maestro wrote:
> Just a quick silly question...
> This patch is for the OSS kernel driver, and not for ALSA, isn't it?
That is correct.
> hard/time consuming would it be to port it to the ALSA tree?
I don't even know if ALSA has the same problem, they might already do
down sampling. All the routines in trans_16.c are pretty well self
contained assuming you are recording natively in 16 bit signed big
endian. A quick peek at the alsa source tells me that it
wouldn't be trivial to add this to ALSA if it isn't already there.