Re: Linux voiding warranty for Apple Hardware, or not?

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 11:27:01PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> But at any rate: Shortly after I bought the TiBook IV the CDROM
> broke: at this time I hadn't installed Linux yet, and some Apple
> certified service or so, swapped the broken CDROM quickly for a new
> one; it didn't cost me anything. It seems they did a good job then.
>
> But somehow I'm glad the CDrom broke before I had Linux installed to
> the machine .. :)

I dual booted my iBook2 with MacOS X and Linux for 11 months before
the hard drive died.  They replaced it with no fuss (and so quickly I
had to wonder if they actually did anything to it).  Then again, I
might have forgotten to mention the Linux install (the drive was dead,
so it was kind of academic...)

Erik