Re: Gamma correction on G4 PowerBook

On 2003-09-29 00:55:22 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 22:02, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
[xgamma]
> > I've just tried, but it works incorrectly. Instead of getting
> > an image of better quality, the image gets very ugly.
>
> Maybe you need a tool which gives you even more control than xgamma?

But which one?

> > I could compare with the hardware gamma correction of my Risc PC
> > (using the VNC client on this machine), and there is a huge
> > difference.
>
> FWIW, this is hardware gamma correction as well.
[...]

This is strange because with xgamma, only the image (displayed by
Mozilla) seems to be affected, whereas with the -gamma option of
XFree86, the whole screen was affected (but the results on the image
were similar to what xgamma gives).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International