Re: dmasound hangs when changing cpu speed

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 12:06:14AM +0200, Michael Flaig wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:38:50PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 10:54, Michael Flaig wrote:
> > >
> > > first I?m using 2.4.22-pre4-ben0 with dmasound on my Powerbook G4 1GHz.
> > > (yes I should update, i will, soon...)
> >
> > Indeed, as others including myself don't seem to experience the same
> > problem.
>
> I?ve updated a while ago to 2.4.22-ben2 and the Problem does still exist.
> Although I?ve tested different configurations and also removed freeswan
> it does happens without log entries.

I want to confirm I have the same problem here (2.4.21-ben2-xfs).
With alsa I don't have the problem. Alsa (powermac) driver also does seem
to survive a sudden 'sleep' (without measures) much better, so it's Alsa
for me :)

The only strange problem is that when I tell Alsa to use native Alsa
instead of OSS (emulation) it sounds REALLY bad. Does anyone experience
this also. (No, haven't filed a bug yet, been trying stuff and getting
information before I do that).

> btw. Is there any progress on getting record mode for the sound chips in
> new powerbooks? i.e. TiBook IV 1Ghz

Ah, was looking for that too, didn't read it should work. Explains why
Gnomemeeting is acting funny :)

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | JID:   paul@luon.net