Re: ALSA Problem

I have been able to get also modules complied for the internal port but a major thing that is very annoying is that the sound fluxuates up and down constantly when listening not matter what app I use.. esp xmms.  This happens with GNOME and KDE cd players.   I am gathering that it has some thing to do with the sound modules.  I can listen to the same in OS X and have constant cpu time...

Also has anyone figured out how to get sound blaster cards to work under alsa or oss.  In the alsa modules i have sb16 and awe but they fail to load when starting alsa.

Thanks for all the help.  I have been getting it together slowly but surly.

-Aam