Re: Pulsar, BootX and Mach64

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:16:43PM +0200, Joachim Franek wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 16. September 2003 15:22 schrieb Chris Tillman:
>
> > I have also had another machine (a 604;9500) boot without video
> > output, when trying to boot a 2.4 kernel, but have not heard of
> > any solutions. I can shut the machine down 'blind' by typing in the
> > root login and password, then halt, and can ssh in -- so I know it's
> > booting. That machine does work fine with the 2.2.20-pmac kernel.
>
> My situation now:
> Linux is running after new installation and ping works.
> ssh and telnet is not working after fresh install.
>
> No video output is ok, if I can complete the installation.
>
> BTW:
> video=atyfb:vmode:6 is not working.
>
> Greetings,
> Joachim

You are using the same kernel to boot the installer and the
installed system, right? I don't understand why it doesn't work.

ssh is not installed as part of the base system. But you could
possibly install it from an installer shell by chrooting into
/target. You would have to set up /etc/apt/sources.list for
a valid source, then use apt-get install ssh. Be sure it is
set to start as a daemon, (I think so by default) and it
should be running after the machine boots.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People