Even more weird! - ibook wireless users please note (was Re: Weird wireless problems)

This is probably the most bizzarre computer thing I've seen.. turns out that
the signal strength is a function of the angle (wrt the keyboard) at which
the lid of the ibook is placed.. If I open the lid all the way, to the
maximum possible angle, the signal strength goes all the way to 0. If I bring
it in a little, it immediately goes up to around 30%, a little more and it
goes up to 50%.. I've confirmed this behavior under linux as well as OSX..
in OSX, the bars disappear when it's fully opened and slowly reappear as the
angle is reduced.. I did some googling and looks like this is a known problem
(something to do with a signal cable that runs thru the hinge):

http://www.theorganizers.nl/archives/september.01.a.shtml

I just called Apple and setup a mail-in repair.. hope this alerts other users
on this list who are unaware of this problem..

nirmal