Re: [OT] usb-{irda,serial} adaptors

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 06:46:52PM +0200, eric@b.org wrote:
> > Hi,
> > can anyone recommend any specific usb<->irda and usb<->serial adaptors
> > that work reliably under ppc linux, preferably under 2.4.X?
> > Thanks,
> >  -- Guido
> For an  usb<->serial adaptors
> I've purchased an mct_u232. Model UC232 SN R9-200012AD0015
> (made in ta?wan, of course ).

I recently got a Keyspan usb serial adapter (model USA-19mumble) and
it works flawlessly with my iBook using a 2.4.21-benh kernel.  I've
been using it to read serial consoles from other boxes.

Of course, it cost $20 more than the other options at the store, but
listing Linux support on the package made the sale.

Consumerism:  the one true path to world peace.