Re: Recompiling Kernel on G4 PowerMac Gigabit dual 450Mhz

On Sep Thu 11 2003 14:27, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 13:51, Fred Heitkamp wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Clive Menzies wrote:
> >
> > I have a Radeon 9000pro and it works OK, but has no DRI or acceleration
> > AFAICT.
>
> DRI should work on a 9000 with my dri-trunk packages or XFree86 as of
> 4.3.
>

> > The only thing I can't seem to do is get the CD audio to come through
> > when playing CDs.  I noticed that the G4 hardware does not use the
> > CD audio cable like the PCs do, so the audio stream must come over
> > the IDE bus.  How do I enable this?  Is this part of the tumbler
> > config?
>
> No, this is up to userspace. Anything using the Xine libraries works (I
> particularly like totem), or xmms-cdread e.g.

Michael,

My Titanium also refises to play CDs, and I use xmms-cdread. I mean, it
"plays" the CD, you can see the equalizer bars moving up and down, and
the time bar moving too, but no sound comes out :-(

I have configured xmms-cdread properly, I think... if you actually run
it, can you tell me your sound config and perhaps send me a couple of
snapshots of the cdread config dialogs? :-)

I run here ALSA with E-Sound, and XMMS runs under e-sound output.

Thank you!

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>