Re: unloading modules with hotplug

On  30 Aug, this message from Martin Karger echoed through cyberspace:
>>>hotplug ist working for me. it is loading the modules when plugging a
>>>device into the usb-port but it does not unload them when removing.
>>

>> It's not supposed to.
>>
> that sux. usbmgr does.
> stupid - when i remove a usbstick and it's still available in
> /proc/scsi ...

That's not necessarily a question of unconditionally removing modules.
Imagine you have two identical devices, but remove only one...

What is missing is a cleanup in genreal but what needs to be done to do
the cleanup is very much device-dependant. In your case, what needs to
be done probably is a rescan-scsi-bus.sh followed by two rmmod -a; so
that your SCSI info is updated and the modules removed if unused.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |