Re: Quake 2 Troubles

This one time, at band camp, Mannequin* wrote:
>------- sound initialization -------
>/dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
>SNDDMA_Init: Could not open /dev/dsp.

quake2 doesn't yet properly open the DSP on powerpc machines, and it's
something I've been trying to find time to look at for a long time now :-)
Hopefully a fix very soon.

>LoadLibrary("ref_gl.so") failed: No such file or directory

This one looks interesting...

>LoadLibrary("ref_softx.so")
>Trying joystick dev /dev/js0
>
>Anyway, that's all the farther it gets. So, how do I stop it from trying
>to access /dev/js0, or is this a question for somewhere else?

You should be able to start quake2 on the command line with +set in_joystick
0 to turn off the joystick.

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq