Re: recompiling alsa module w kernel 2.4.21-ben2

On Aug Tue 26 2003 15:59, Jonathan Segel wrote:
> i'm a little confused about this same sort of thing - though with any
> debian kernel. in dselect install/config it went through an alsa
> config that had a choice of using powermac sound out, but now while
> alsa is (supposedly?) installed, alsaconfig finds no modules, no
> cards.
> it's confusing for me because i can't go by the normal alsa
> instructions as the drivers and whatnot are not in /usr/src where
> they would be compiled into modules for the kernel. how does one go
> about makingn als work in debian? (and especially with dmasound?)

Read my answer to Jean-Christophe, and see if it helps :-)

One of these days... I will get the time to collect all the info about
the powerbooks, 12'' and 15'' (if you have a 17'', bagger off!! you ahve
a too-big laptop :-) just kidding), and their installation in debian.

Anyone wanting to do it for me?? XXDD

--
J. Javier Maestro
<jjmaestro@computer.org>