Re: old powermac things...

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, jmdeleu wrote:

> I have the same problem with a 7300/180, "using keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes=1"
> does not give me a usable keyboard. Neither my usb ApplePro Keyboard or my old
> Apple ADB keyboard are functional, so like the original poster i can't log in.
> I'd love to have a fix for this as well.

Can you try :
	init=/bin/sh

This skips the loading of the keymap and uses the kernel keymap instead.

If you can get a working keyboard with this, you can remount the root
partition read-write and install a different keymap from
/usr/share/keymaps using install-keymap.

I guess the latest kernel needs keymaps from i386/qwerty (linux standard),
whereas the old kernels used to use those in mac/ (ADB?)

Once you have the correct keymap installed, you can reboot and see if that
helps.

regards,

John.