2.2 powerpc kernels in unstable ???

Hello,

Is there still people using the 2.2 kernel packages with testing or
unstable ? I don't speak about the 2.2 packages which came with stable.

I feel that the 2.4.20 and 2.4.21 packages are ok for powermacs, and
there is already a 2.4.17 apus package, i don't know (and it ever
remained a mistery to me) what the chrp/prep/whatever used for kernel
packages, my guess is that they use homebuilt kernels or something.

So, if nobody steps in and tell me he absolutely needs a 2.2.x kernel in
unstable, i will be asking (at Herbert's request) for the removal of the
last 2.2.x kernel from debian/unstable (as said, this will not influence
the woody version of those packages, which as for all of debian/stable,
will continue to exist untouched).

As a side note, i would like to do some modifications to the
kernel-patch packages for powerpc. Currently the powerpc kernel i
maintain contain a kernel which will work for all of the pmac/chrp/prep
subarches (incuding the pop-derivated pegasos i use, once i add the
patches or they are included in the official kernels), but produce only
the pmac uncompressed vmlinux (for yaboot) and the vmlinux.coff for not
yaboot using pmacs (old-world ?). This does not include the chrp kernel
images, which are built but not installed in the package.

So what should i do, fork the package and build a chrp/pegasos one ?
Install all the built kernel images to make a huge package ? make
multiple binary package, each with a different kernel installation arch.
As said, i believe that these kernels are actually all the same,
differentiating themselves only in the actual packaging needed to pass
them to the boot-loader or whatever.

Friendly,

Sven Luther