Re: 2.4.21-ben2 issues: RTC, Thermal and RTAS

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 19:18, J. Javier Maestro wrote:

> I just wanted to know if setting this:
>
> # CONFIG_GEN_RTC is not set
> CONFIG_PPC_RTC=y
> # CONFIG_RTC is not set
>
> is sufficient to get the RTC running properly...

Yes, either CONFIG_PPC_RTC or CONFIG_GEN_RTC should work.

> mplayer is buggin me about RTC, and I have synchronization problems
> when watchign movies because of this (I suspect):
>
> Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024): Invalid argument
> Try adding "echo 1024 > /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system startup scripts.
> Using usleep() timing

This may work with CONFIG_GEN_RTC, but frankly xine seems to deal more
gracefully with 'unusual' environments in my experience, instead of
telling me my system was broken for this or that reason...