Re: new Apple symbols map (exposes kernel buglets?)

On Saturday 23 August 2003 8:54, Simon Vallet wrote:
> Frank Murphy <murphyf+deb-ppc@f-m.fm> wrote:
> > Where did you get this keymap? I don't see anything like it in the Debian
> > files. But I think the problem is with the type="THREE_LEVEL" stuff. I
> > don't think your keymap is done properly.
>
> did it myself ;-)
> the default french keymap IS actually very bad, maybe it's better in 4.3...
> the type = "" stuff is only necessary because of the default type of the
> keys, not because this is an ugly fix (which it may be :)

Could you send me what you have? (Just reply this time. :) I'd be interested
to see it.

> > Looking at the keymaps that use ISO_Level3_Shift, I think you've got a
> > bad keymap which has confused you. Of course, it works, but it's done in
> > the opposite way of other keymaps.
>
> I'll keep it like this... iit was the only way for me to get a third shift
> level working properly in emacs, without interaction with the Meta key. But
> I won't preach for others ;-)

Would you be interested in working with me to make the French keymap better?

Also, see the versions in CVS:

http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/xkbcomp/symbols/pc/fr?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

or for the special "francophone" version:

http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/xkbcomp/symbols/pc/fr-latin9?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Frank