Addendum: Re: X Crash after installing msttcorefonts, cabextract, x-ttcidfont-conf

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> I'm talking of Debian-Linux because even on a 2 or 3 year old
> i386 RedHat 6.2 the font situation, IIRC, by far was not that ugly as
> it is here on Debian.

When I wrote "ugly" I mean the way the font configuration is organized on
Debian (or at least on PowerPC Debian). Not the way the fonts look here.

For example the fonts on my current Mozilla Version look even better than
they do on Mac OS X here. The problem here is I can't change the font
configs on PPC Debian because I do not know which config file is
responsible for which setting.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang
--