MAC os 9.2.2 printing to CUPS ?!?

Someone managed to do it ?
A Linux box running Debian 3.0r1 with "testing" on aptsources.list
The cups is running fine, from windows stations using samba configured extatly as the manual of cups demmands prints fine to a Epson 800 conected to serial port. But when I try to print from a MAC OS 9.22 with laserwhiter8 version 8.6, the printer appears on chooser ok ( with netatalk instaled and papd.conf configured exatly as in cups manual ), the desktop icon is created after an anormal wait ( something like 4 or 5 min ). But whem I try to print, with any aplication, after a very long time waiting or aplication freeses, or a error msg apears, but for too short period to permit read !!!
Someone have something like this working ?
Any clue ?

thanks in advance

Fábio Rabelo