Re: package mapping in sbuild (Build-Depends)

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 03:48:43PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> Hello Porters
>
> I use sbuild to backport some sid packages for woody and I have a
> problem.
>
> Some packages have in Build-Depends: a package like libgtk2.0, but I
> like to use libgtk1.2 for the backport. Some other packages like a newer
> version of a lib.
>
> How can I override this Build-Depends with sbuild? I know, how to add
> some extra Build-Depends, but I don't find something like s/lib/lib2/..

I recently started playing with backporting some debian packages from
source that i didn't want to compile and install in /usr/local myself.
This is what i've been doing.  I have no idea if its the "correct"
debian thing to do.

% apt-get build-dep packagename
    [optional; not to useful if you're looking to work around dependancies
    on later package versions]
% apt-get source packagename
% cd packagename-ver
    edit whatever needs to be edited under debian/ to change the
    dependancies and package configure options
% fakeroot ./debian/rules binary
% cd ..
% ls -l *.deb

If all went well, it will have built your package and produced .debs that
you can install on your system.  If not, good luck / happy back porting.

-g