Re: Powerbook 15" 1Ghz radeonfb/XFree86 woes

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 07:46, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Current xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk can basically work without radeonfb -
> /usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk/examples/XF86Config-4.radeon
> might work out of the box on an M7 or M9 machine. Your case is weird
> though:

	I think that was the basis of my current config file... I just sucked
out the comments so I could absorb everything in there at a glance.
Makes it easier to fiddle :)

> DDC detection of the panel fails - I assume this still works perfectly
> in Mac OS? (Could be related to the radeonfb problem and smells like a
> firmware or even hardware problem...)

	If its a firmware/hardware problem, I hope you got a way to explain it
to Apple in terms they understand ;)

> Does
> 	Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS"
>
> in the radeon device section make a difference?

	I grabbed your XF86Config-4.radeon, added that line and uncommented the
font path to misc so X doesn't exit on not finding the fixed font. When
I fire up X, the LCD stays on, but there is a narrow horizontal band,
about 5% tall 55% down from the top, which is blooming :)

	When I added that line to the XF86Config-4 brew that I had last (and
uploaded), I see the default X screen, but its tinted yellow and looks
like its in mode line hell.
	*starts trying different mode lines he can find*

	Tugrul Galatali