GUI for wireless networking

Hi.. is there some sort of a GUI that shows the available wireless networks
 in the area? Reason I ask is I have a few networks at my workplace and they
 have varying signal strengths.. so I need to often switch my wireless ESSID
 based on where I am and how strong each signal is.. any tool that can make
this process easier? (other than running ifconfig/iwconfig).. it's also
useful when one goes to a new area and is looking around for a network..

Thanks,
nirmal