Re: ppc64 support in Debian?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 02:20:18PM -0700, David Schleef wrote:
:On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 09:51:45AM -0500, Rolf Brudeseth wrote:
:>
:> If there is serious interest from Debian, I can investigate whether IBM
:> would be willing to donate POWER3 and/or POWER4 (Regatta) systems to Debian
:> developers. I have a few 64bit systems myself that I would be willing to
:> part with. Obtaining permission from management will be the hard part.
:>
:> Let me know if there is any interest.
:
:Are you talking about a 42U rack-sized system, or a workstation-sized
:counterpart?

I'm not a debian developer, but I may be able to accomodate the
former.  I actually have a p655 system on site but the group
controlling it has (unfortunately for me) decided not to explore
Linux atleast for now.

If you are suggesting p655 systems I only have six nodes in my current
frame, I might be able to talk to teh owners about using some of the
open slots so the donation wouldn't ned to include the frame, power
and HMC (though I'd need another serial card and breakout box for the
existing HMC I could swollow that cost)

-Jon