Re: ppc64 support in Debian?

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 10:39:21AM -0500, Rolf Brudeseth
> <rolfb@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > I do not know much about ppc64 support; however, these documents may be
> > helpful:
> >
> >   http://people.debian.org/~fmw/p630-LPAR-Debian-de.txt  German
> >   http://people.debian.org/~fmw/p630-LPAR-Debian-en.txt  English
> >
> > Rolf
>
> That does look useful, thanks.  At some point soon, as Apple and
> apparently now IBM start flooding the world with relatively cheap 64 bit
> PowerPC machines, it might make sense for Debian to start to think about
> whether to port to ppc64...
>
> -Dan
>
> --
> Daniel E. Eisenbud
> eisenbud@cbio.mskcc.org
> Computational Biology Center
> Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

If there is serious interest from Debian, I can investigate whether IBM
would be willing to donate POWER3 and/or POWER4 (Regatta) systems to Debian
developers. I have a few 64bit systems myself that I would be willing to
part with. Obtaining permission from management will be the hard part.

Let me know if there is any interest.

Rolf

--
Rolf Brudeseth