Re: Mozilla Thunderbird

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 17:13, Rogério Brito wrote:
> On Jul 28 2003, Jon Masters wrote:
> > Are there Mozilla Thunderbird packages available?
>
> Yes, in testing. As root, "apt-get install mozilla-thunderbird". You
> should already have the testing repository lines there, right?
>
> You also have the option of grabbing mozilla from unstable. I'm using it
> right now on my x86 and it works great.

Err...

daenzer@thor|17:23:23> apt-cache search thunderbird
daenzer@thor|17:35:22> apt-cache showsrc mozilla-thunderbird
<nothing>

Don't see anything in http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/ either;
Are you using an external repository, or do you mean Firebird?

> The only problem that I see is that GTK 2 (which botk Mozilla and
> Mozilla Firebird in Debian use) feels slower than GTK 1, but I don't
> know if this is just subjective or if it is indeed slower.

It may be slower in some cases, but it's much smoother. :) GNOME apps
seem to make much better use of GTK2 than the Mozilla apps as well.