Re: Keyboard on X with missing keys

I know I could simply do something like:
cd /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz
cp mac-usb-de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz /etc/console/boottime.gz

No! The mac- keymap has includes whereas the boottime keymaps must be a single file. There is a command to resolve all the dependencys and put the includes in one file, yet I forgot what this was.

Ah, that command was too simple: "install-keymap", see its manpage.
So when "loadkeys <whatever>.gz" doesn't render the keyboard useless you can use install-keymap ;-).