Re: xlibs breaking dependencies

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 14:54, Andreas Wüst wrote:

> Am Samstag, 26.07.03, um 12:48 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Michel
> Dänzer:
>
> [ snip ]

> >> Sorry, I didn't get this one! I thought, deps would be handled
> >> automatically??  If I tell it, for instance, to apt-get -u -t unstable
> >> install openoffice.org, apt-get tells me that libc6 etc. (of which I
> >> obviously have already an older, i.e. woody, version installed) will
> >> be
> >> upgraded. So, why does it not do that when trying to install
> >> gnome-session?
> >
> > Hmm. Did you maybe pin xlibs to the older version before with something
> > like xlibs=4.1.0-16 or xlibs/stable?
>
> No. There is no /etc/apt/preferences at all.

independent from that.

Another possibility is that other packages somehow prevent apt from
upgrading xlibs automatically. If you add it to the install line, does
it cause other packages to be upgraded additionally as well?

Yet another possibility is simply an apt bug I guess. :) Have you tried
apt from sid yet?

> Furthermore, setting the default release to "woody" in apt.conf does
> not have any influence, i.e. it still gives the broken deps if I rename
> apt.conf.

Sure, -t overrides that.