Re: Reconfiguring network

Kent West wrote:

Steven Schlansker wrote:

How do you reconfigure the network interfaces, for example to use static addresses instead of DHCP?
Thanks,.
Steven

Edit /etc/network/interfaces. See "man interfaces" for details. Here's an example:

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian installation
# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
# automatically added when upgrading
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
      address 192.168.123.2
      netmask 255.255.255.0
      network 192.168.123.0
      broadcast 192.168.123.255
      gateway 192.168.123.1

#iface eth0 inet dhcp

====

Then run "/etc/init.d/networking restart" and you should be in business.

Well, I suggest running "/etc/init.d/networking stop" followed by the editing, followed by "/etc/init.d/networking start" if you're changing from DHCP to static or vice-versa. I've seen some oddities when NOT doing that ;-)

If' you're only changing the parameters of a static setup, do as you said.

--
AmigaOne dev list FAQ (when I say F, I mean F):
http://www.samfundet.no/~olegil/amiga/