X won't log in (was Re: Xpmac can't find font 'fixed')

The Opt-F1,F2,etc trick wasn't working, and neither does this.

To those who wanted the logs, it was actually at /var/log/xdm.log
And, to those who are saying that it's unsupported, the 'real' X server doesn't seem to support valkyrie video devices.
The log follows:

Woowoo

Xpmac / X Window System (X11R6.3)Release Date: April 10, 2000

Running in mode=13, depth=8; req mode=0 depth=0
Using VT number 7
Mapped frame buffer (physaddr 0xf1001000 size 0x7ec10) at 0x30027000.
PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file  Roman_M
Using XFree86/Linux keycode handling.
AUDIT: Mon Jul 21 07:15:50 2003: 326 X: client 2 rejected from local host
  Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
/usr/X11R6/bin/xrdb: Can't open display ':0'
Warning: Cannot convert string "*-new century schoolbook-medium-r-normal-*-180-*" to type FontStruct Warning: Cannot convert string "*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-normal-*-180-*" to type FontStruct Warning: Cannot convert string "*-new century schoolbook-bold-i-normal-*-240-*" to type FontStruct AUDIT: Mon Jul 21 07:15:52 2003: 326 X: client 3 rejected from local host
  Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0

Looks like it's saying that I'm not authorized to connect to the server. I tried logging in as root from the X login screen, figuring that root of all people should be authorized to do anything, but the same thing happened, except it was client 3 in the log.

Hey, when it's saying that the connection to :0.0 is refused, does :0.0 refer to localhost? If so, could the port that it's connecting to be blocked by a firewall? If so, does a firewall come installed on the standard installation? (I'll bet it does) How do I control it, and what port must I open? (All just guesses here)

Thanks for any help.