Re: 2.6-test1 on ppc?

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 03:44:48PM +0100, Lee Braiden wrote:
> On Saturday 19 Jul 2003 1:10 pm, you wrote:
> > I have to admit that I'm rather
> > indignant about this "advice." (on this list, no less!)
>
> Me too.  I'm not one to get indignant often, but what's the point of having
> ppc support in 2.6 if it's not actually a supported config?  Better to
> declare that it's not supported, surely, and then maybe people would step up
> and do something.

I'm sorry, it certainly wasn't my intention to discourage hacking, I
didn't stop to think that's how it might sound. I was just advising
what the state of things are to get a working system. BenH has put a
huge amount of work into 2.4.21 to keep it working on the latest
released Macs, and on portable hardware, as well as possible.

When hacking on 2.5/6, it might be advisable to see where that
valuable stuff can go in ...

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People