Re: 2.6-test1 on ppc?

On Saturday 19 Jul 2003 1:10 pm, you wrote:
> I have to admit that I'm rather
> indignant about this "advice." (on this list, no less!)

Me too.  I'm not one to get indignant often, but what's the point of having
ppc support in 2.6 if it's not actually a supported config?  Better to
declare that it's not supported, surely, and then maybe people would step up
and do something.

> However, I have
> been told via irc that woody doesn't have a sufficient tool chain to
> properly compile 2.6.0-testx kernel yet

I've heard similar, but the kind of compilation problems I get suggest
untested code, not compiler incompatibities.

> and elsewhere that the linux
> kernel is now an exclusive community of only developers, and that us peons
> who want vanilla kernels to compile for their (non-i386) platforms just
> have to wait.

eek.  That almost sounds like microsoft's idea of opensource :/

--
- Lee.