Re: Woody modules

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 08:08:23AM -0400, Fred Heitkamp wrote:
> >

> Hmmm... You could burn a CD with your kernel substituted for the
> linux.bin file in the install/new-powermac folder; I think that's what
> you were suggesting.
>

> Something like:
>
> boot:  hd:6,/vmlinux initrd=cd:,/install/new-powermac/root.bin initrd-size=8192
>
> I have no idea if using an OF path for initrd will actually work.

OK. Just for reference. In order to boot with my SCSI card
I have to type from OF:
boot /pci@f2000000/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL366@12/@6:8,yaboot
(since my spare kernels and a yaboot is on my OS 9 partition.)

In my yaboot.conf I have:
image=vmlinux-2.4.21-pre2
label=ram-cd
device=/pci@f2000000/ATTO,ExpressPCIProUL366@12/@6:
partition=8
initrd=cd:,/install/powermac/root.bin
initrd-size=8192
append="video=ofonly devfs=nomount"

The root.bin is on the Woody Disk.
That seemed to work.  I see the CD being accessed and
the choose language screen comes up, however, my
keyboard is still not working.  What possibly could
have happened?  It was working fine before the
apt-get upgrade and the keyboard works fine with
OS X, OS 9, and the Debian Woody installer as
well (with the install24 kernel.)  My kernel must
not be compatible with the root.bin of the Woody
disk.

This is the relavant part of my .config
#
# Macintosh device drivers