How do I get F12 button to be mouse button 2 on a Ti Powerbook

Hi all,

I am trying to get F12 to emulate the middle (button 2) mouse button.
A search of google groups shows one person asking this but no follow up.
Here is what I do:

1. In a console i.e. no X I use showkey to get the key code and I get
F8 = 66
F9 = 67
F10 = 68
F11 (show key does not show anything but 88 works)
F12 = 108

2.
By echoing 68 to /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode I can get
F10 to be button 2
By echoing 88 to /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode I can get
F11 to be button 3

These work on the desktop and in an X terminal using Enlightenment (I
dont use Gnome or KDE).

But if I echo 108 to mouse_button2_keycode nothing happens when I click
F12 and text is highlighted. I want F12 to 'paste' text under X as that
key is the fastest and most acurate key to hit.

I have seen another post asking a similar question on google groups via
seasrching for "mouse emulation" F12 but there was no follow up to that
thread.

I Am Using Debian stable on a PowerBook G4 667 MHz with Enlightenment.

Mike
--

Mike Lake
Caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.